Sunday 1 July 2012

Top 100 players of 2012 - Where is Seymour?

I didn't really pay much attention to this years 'Top 100 Players' list complied by the players. Last year there were lots of questionable picks and some strange placings for some players. The same is also true for this year.

The only raider represented in the list was Darren McFadden who came in at no.60, 38 places higher than his ranking of 98 last year and this pleasantly surprised me. I'm happy the players are starting to realise what a threat Run DMC is and I think 60 is about right for Dmac, the 9th highest RB on the list. After McFadden I was sure we would see Seymour as the next raider on the list but to my and everybody else's surprise Seymour was left out. Big Rich was ranked no.66 last year and after another strong, pro-bowl season I was sure he would be on the list and even crack the top 50 but nope. He was left out while players like Tim Tebow and John Kuhn got in.

How, Why and for What reason? Some fans say he is ageing and losing a step but surely the players of all people must realise he can still beat 1 on 1's with ease and get to the Quarterback on a regular basis. Either the NFL have got it out for the Raiders and left his name off the voting list or the players are all just going insane. Either way, Seymour is not going to be one happy bunny after hearing of this and I fully expect him to be as good as ever next year and prove all the players wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment